Chief Technology OfficerReference: CJF50077
Do you enjoy working consultatively with the Executive Leadership team? Do you have a track record of leading and directing the development and implementation of technology architecture and roadmap? Would you like to continue your people development skills; building a large talented team that is future focussed and innovative?
An integral CTO role has become available with our retail client based in the inner suburbs of Melbourne. A retail business that is bucking the trend with year on year growth and a strong focus on technology investment. They are proud to be a company that actively encourages innovation, supports employee development and diversity and promotes working flexibility.
In this role, you will report directly to the CEO and be a member of the organisation’s senior management team. As the CTO you will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of the Company’s Technology architecture and roadmap. The specific areas of focus comprise of:
- ERP and POS systems; with an initial focus on migrating one legacy business to the main company’s ERP system and POS. The CTO will be responsible for ensuring the project is appropriately scoped, resourced and delivered.
- Interface Management and Optimisation; review current and planned systems architecture to assess suitability and with a view of improving monitoring and alert processes that identify, communicate and resolve related issues.
- Infrastructure and IT/Systems Support functions.
- Business intelligence; immediate focus on implementing short term strategy to support reporting requirements as part of the ERP/POS systems migration, followed by working with key business stakeholders to develop a long-term BI roadmap.
- Data Strategy; Work with business leaders to review and develop the Company’s long-term data strategy, identifying which data to capture, where/how to store, appropriate protection protocols.
- Innovation; support business initiatives with technology-based solutions including AI and machine learning that simplify business processes or generate insights.
- Ensure the Company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and corporate/social responsibility.
- Advise on, and implement technological approaches, to maximise the Company’s opportunity to achieve its objectives through the development of leading-edge technology solutions.
- Ensure roles are effectively aligned with business strategy and lead the team to deliver outstanding results.
We are looking for a CTO, CIO or GM of Information Systems (or similar) from a dynamic retail environment who recognises the importance of a well planned, designed and executed IT & Systems strategy and is experienced in leading complex system migration projects (ERP and POS). Demonstrable skills in working with and influencing stakeholders at all levels, presenting to the Executive Leadership team, managing complex projects and vendor management skills is paramount for success in this role. IT systems and infrastructure is the backbone of your experience, but you will have a strong interest in data analysis, keeping up to date with the latest technological trends and leading teams to achieve outstanding results.
Join a leadership team who are committed to the newly created CTO role and function of IT. A role that will have autonomy and genuine impact. Be part of an exciting journey.